Family Dentist Hatboro PA 19040
Need a family dentist near Hatboro? Call now!Getting your teeth cleaned is a normal part of total health and wellness, but what are your regular cleanings actually preventing? For the most part, prophylaxis limits your chances of periodontal disease and related issues. The right Hatboro dentist, like Dr. Paola, will help you get the right oral health care you need.
What Is Prophylaxis?
Prophylaxis is simply the dental professionals term for a dental cleaning. The cleaning is a preventative measure designed to remove plaque and other dental dangers from your teeth. The build up of tartar and plaque is the root cause of most dental problems. Prophylaxis is known to prevent cavities and periodontal disease and catch potential dental issues early. Any family dentist in Hatboro will tell you regular brushing and flossing can’t remove all plaque and tartar so making a regular dental cleaning is even more important.
Why Should You Get a Regular Dental Cleaning?
Why should you visit your Hatboro dentist for a regular prophylaxis treatment? Regular dental cleanings prevent tooth decay and remove potentially harmful deposits from your teeth. However, your appointment also yields the following benefits:
- Improved smile: The cleaning works to preserve your teeth, which means keeping them white and free of unsightly deposits.
- Dental education: Your family dentist will point out any problem areas and make suggestions to improve your oral hygiene routine.
- Better overall health: Your oral health is connected to other important bodily functions. In addition to oral cancer, your Hatboro Family dentist knows how to spot signs of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and more.
- Improved dental health for children: Children are very vulnerable to dental issues, so family dentists offer extra protection like fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
Need a friendly family dentist in Hatboro area?
Before you come in for your dental cleaning, here are three things you should keep in mind:
- Sensitivity: If you have large plaque and tartar build up, it acts as a shield for the tooth. As the build up is cleared, your teeth may feel more sensitive than normal.
- Heart conditions: Depending on the patient, we may prescribe antibiotics prior to the first appointment. Additionally, we will ask about any current medications at your first appointment.
- Insurance: Most dental plans cover at least two dental visits, so check with your provider to cut costs.
Serving Fort Washington, Oreland, Ambler, Dresher & Surrounding
Are you searching the web for a ” family dentist near Hatboro “? Give Harmony Dental Health conveniently located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania a call to schedule your appointment today. Our professional dental staff is ready to find an appointment that fits into your schedule and they are ready to answer any questions you might have about the dental cleaning process.